1 hour and 15 mins
Serves 8 - 10
- 2 lb boneless chicken
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 5 sliced green onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoons garlic
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cut chicken into strips or small pieces.
- Place flour and chicken in a bowl and toss to coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Place chicken in heated oil and cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan add onion, green onion, celery, green peppers, and garlic; sauté for about 5 minutes stirring constantly to keep from sticking.
- Return chicken to pot with sautéed vegetables and garlic.
- Combine water, crushed tomato, bay leaf and crushed red peppers.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for approximately 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed brown rice.