45 mins to 1 hour
Less than 30 mins
- 4 1/2 cups Tomatoes crushed, canned
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Oil, Canola or Olive
- 1 LB Cottage Cheese, Low Fat
- 4 ounces Fresh Spinach
- 6 Ounces Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
- 14 Ounces Cheese, Mozzarella, Low Fat
- In a 4” pan or large stock pot add tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Wash and spin thoroughly the spinach (can add other diced vegetables at this point too)!
- In a 9 x 13” pan, pour 3/4 cup of sauce and spread evenly on the bottom.
- LAYER 1: Place the lasagna noodles side by side on top of the sauce. Spread 1/2 lb. of cottage cheese over the sauce using a fork to drag cottage cheese evenly. Place 2 oz. of spinach on top of cottage cheese distributing evenly. Sprinkle 7 oz. of shredded cheese on top of the spinach.
- LAYER 2: Repeat LAYER 1.
- LAYER 3: Top with lasagna noodles. Pour sauce over lasagna noodles.
- Cover and place in the over for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle 2 oz. of cheese on top. Return to the oven for 15 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.